Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTSE) is conducted by Science Branch of Education, Delhi in the month of January every year. 150 scholarships are allotted every year under JSTSE. Any student from a recognised school (Govt./Govt. Aided/Public/KV/Navodaya/NDMC) in Delhi, currently in std. 9th can and has secured minimum 65% marks in Std. 8th can apply for JSTSE. The exam will be held in the month of January, 2018. Read this article to know about the JSTSE Syllabus:
Major Sections of JSTSE Syllabus
The JSTSE is divided into 2 sections; 1) General Knowledge 2) General Science and Mathematics
- General Knowledge:
- The questions would revolve around Civics, Economics, Geography, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. The section will also contain questions on National Parks, Sanctuaries, Government Schemes, Gallantry Awards, Bollywood and Cricket.
- Manorama Year Book can be helpful for this section.
- It is an easy and scoring section.
- General Science and Mathematics:
- This section would focus on the concepts of std. 8th and 9th, Mathematics and General Science (Physics, Biology and Chemistry).
- NCERT Books for the Std. 8th and 9th can be useful for this section.
- Additionally, R.D. Sharma and S. Chand for Mathematics can also help you.