JEE Advanced Mock Test 2018 – IIT Kanpur, which is going to conduct the JEE Advanced 2018, has released the JEE Advanced Mock Test 2018. The JEE Advanced 2018 will be held on 20th May 2018. The JEE Advanced Mock Test will help candidates to familiarize themselves with the exam format of the JEE Advanced. Also, candidates can understand the questions types (MCQs or Integer type) based on the mock test. Candidates are advised to go through the mock test, read the instructions carefully and devise a strategy for the exam. Candidates can click on the link provided below to appear for the mock test. Also, we have provided the necessary steps to follow to attempt the online mock test. Candidates should note that the mock test is just an illustration of the expected pattern of the examination, the difficulty level might vary. So, the candidates are advised to not draw conclusions about the difficulty level of the actual JEE Advanced Examination based on the available mock test. To further understand all the aspects of the JEE Advanced Mock Test continue reading this article.
Take the mock test here after reading all the instructions below
How to take the JEE Advanced Mock Test ?
Official Tutorial video for Mock and CBT released by IIT Kanpur
Watch the official video in English or Hindi here.
- Click on the above link and the candidates will be directed to the JEE Advanced Mock test 2018 window.
- Click on Sign In.
- After Clicking on Sign In, candidates would be directed to the Instructions page. Also, candidates can choose the language in which they wish to read the instructions (Hindi/English).
- After reading the instructions, candidates should click on ‘Next’.
- Then, the candidates would be directed to a page titled ‘Other Important Instruction’ (General Instructions).
- Once the candidates have gone through the general instructions page, at the bottom they will have an option to choose the language in which they wish to appear for the IIT JEE Advanced 2018 examination.
- Then, the candidates can click on the check box provided, which states that they have read and accepted all the instructions provided.
- Finally, candidates should click on ‘I am ready to begin’. Section-wise instructions will appear and at this time the candidates can start solving the test.
Navigating to a Question
- Answer options or space to type in the answer will be provided below every question.
- To answer a question, do the following:
- Click on the question number in the Question Palette at the right of your screen to go to that numbered question directly. Note that using this option does NOT save your answer to the current question.
- Click on Save & Next to save your answer for the current question and then go to the next question.
- Click on Mark for Review & Next to save your answer for the current question, mark it for review, and then go to the next question.
Answering a Question
Procedure for answering a multiple choice type question:
- To select your answer, click on the button of one of the options
- To deselect your chosen answer, click on the button of the chosen option again or click on the Clear Response button
- To change your chosen answer, click on the button of another option
- To save your answer, you MUST click on the Save & Next button
- To mark the question for review, click on the Mark for Review & Next button.
- To change your answer to a question that has already been answered, first select that question for answering and then follow the procedure for answering that type of question
To answer an Integer type question, type in the Answer using the keypad shown. Rest of the steps remain the same
Navigating Through Sections
- Sections in this question paper are displayed on the top bar of the screen. Questions in a section can be viewed by clicking on the section name. The section you are currently viewing is highlighted.
- After clicking the Save & Next button on the last question for a section, you will automatically be taken to the first question of the next section.
- You can shuffle between sections and questions anytime during the examination as per your convenience only during the time stipulated.
- Candidate can view the corresponding section summary as part of the legend that appears in every section above the question palette.
- Time will be visible on the top right corner of the screen.
Marking Scheme of JEE Advanced Mock Test
- Integer type question:
- +4 for every correct answer
- No marks would be deducted in all other cases
- Multiple Choice Questions (One or more correct answers):
- +4 for every correct answer
- No marks would be deducted for unanswered questions
- -2 for every wrong answer
Previous Year JEE Advanced Question Papers
Get access to IIT JEE Advanced previous year’s papers here. These papers hold a lot of importance and every candidate appearing for the IIT JEE Advanced 2018 examination is advised to go through the same. The previous year’s papers would provide the candidates with an insight regarding the type of questions and difficulty level of the paper.
What to conclude from the JEE Advanced Mock test about the expected exam pattern?
- Do not try to predict the difficulty level of the actual IIT JEE Advanced 2018 examination depending upon the JEE Advanced Mock test, it could be at par, easy or difficult compared to the IIT JEE Advanced Mock test 2018.
- Candidates are free to choose the language in which they wish to answer the paper. Candidates can change the language any time during the examination.
- There are 9 subsections, 3 subsections belonging to each Subject section. Candidates are advised to read the instructions, provided before every section, carefully before attempting the section.
- The time will be provided at the top right of the screen, as soon as you start the examination it will begin and show the time left.
- There is a question paper tab provided at the top right corner, candidates can go through the entire question paper, using this tab.
- Candidate’s name and photograph will be displayed at the top right corner of their screen. If any discrepancies are found, candidates are advised to contact the invigilator immediately.